The Dublin Girls' Soccer team traveled to High Mowing School on Wednesday for a non-league match-up. Still experimenting with position combinations, the Wildcats were caught flat in the opening half and found themselves trailing 3-1 at the completion of the first stanza. With a renewed effort, sparked by determined play from striker Destiny Goncalves , Brockton MA '18 and fullback Tatiyana Dunkers , Newark NJ '19, Dublin was able to even the score at 3-3. As the team pushed to keep possession in the offensive end but could not get the lead despite three near misses, High Mowing dropped a ball behind the defense and scored the game winner with just 2 minutes left on the clock.
Outstanding players for Dublin:
- Tatiyana Dunkers , Newark NJ, continues to be an emerging player. Her tenacious attitude and willingness to get stuck in the tackle was on full display today.
- Sabrina Hayden , Marlborough NH, provided consistent play and leadership in both midfield and attack helping to create a number of scoring chances.
- Olivia O'Rourke , Peterborough NH, also continues to be an emerging player on the team. Her ability to play on both sides of the ball was solid today. She is showing signs of developing an excellent understanding of the game.
- Bette Imhoff , Dublin NH, was solid in the midfield as the player who dictated the rhythm and tempo we played at today.
- Adunni Abrams , Brooklyn NY, creative spirit resulted in some great scoring chances from the midfield.
- Stella Davis , Dublin NH, lead our attack today in both the midfield and attacking line. I am looking forward to see Stella's game continue to develop.
- Destiny Goncalves , Brockton MA, continues to improve after scoring her first goal last week. Today she created multiple scoring chances that tested our opponents.